The water-filled flood barriers are the perfect solution to protection your commercial or residential property flood damage. Flood Risk America flood barriers require less labor, are more cost-effective, and less hazardous to the environment than using traditional sandbags. Our water-filled barrier is an efficient way to re-direct wave energy and turbulence. It provides protection to buildings from wave action. It is an effective long-term solution and will withstand the force of ongoing wave energy. FRA water-filled flood barriers are environmentally friendly and made from two components; the inner chamber PVC tubing, and the outer chamber is constructed of a woven polyethylene shell, making it indestructible. FRA’s water-filled flood barrier are for use on residential and commercial properties. Our flood barriers are adaptable to changing of wave height during extreme weather events and is used for property protection.
Our water-filled flood barrier flood prevention product is a great residential flood prevention system for homes looking for an environmentally friendly and cost-effective solution for flood protection. The FRA water-filled flood barriers can control the flood and water directing the flow away from your home. Water-filled flood barriers are a great option for water-front homes concerned about their low-elevation during a hurricane.
Water-filled flood barriers can effectively prevent damage to resort or commercial properties with a large beach-front protection need. If your resort has a large beach line, the water filled flood barriers can easily be put in place and filled in-case of a hurricane leaving your beach beautiful during those sunny days.
Scroll to view more →
1. Flood Risk America’s water-filled Flood Barrier is equipped with two identical fittings with one located near each end. Larger barriers units may be equipped with additional fittings. For filling, remove a minimum of two caps, at least one for filling and one for ventilation and monitoring.
2. Attach the fill hose to the selected fill port, connect pump and begin filling. Monitor continuously to avoid over filling. To aid the process, the open monitoring port can be fitted with an additional plain fill spout. The use of an additional plain fill spout located on the monitoring end will minimize water losses during filling.
3. The Flood Barrier is filled with water to its design height at the lowest point on its length. The filling process must be carefully monitored.
4. If filling on level ground, when water starts to flow freely from the open monitoring port, or when inflated height is reached on sloped or inclined land, stop pumping. Proceed to cap the monitoring port. At this point, remove the fill hose and cap all ports.
5. Once FRA Flood Barrier protection is in position and filled, it will be monitored 24 hours per day. As the water is pumped into Flood Barrier it is equally distributed through both chambers via ports in the internal baffle.